Luftschiffbau Zeppelin

Germany

*

The Zeppelin works, Luftschiffbau Zeppelin at Friedrichshafen in southern Germany, was founded in 1908 by Count von Zeppelin. A number of quite successful civil and military airships
were produced before and during WW1. When Allied restrictions on aircraft manufacture in Germany were lifted in 1926, the production of the large LZ 127 Graf Zeppelin could start the year after, with the maiden flight in the autumn of 1928. After some test flights to South America during 1930 and 1931, Luftschiffbau Zeppelin opened a scheduled service between Friedrichshafen and Recife (Pernambuco)
in northeastern Brazil in April 1932.

In March 1935, the South Atlantic flights became the responsibility of Deutsche Zeppelin-Reederei, after this company had been set up jointly by Luftschiffbau Zeppelin, The German Air Ministry and Deutsche Lufthansa.

*

1934
UK edition
(system)
(From the collection of Daniel Kusrow)
Click for larger view as well as a view of the back of the card
Click to view a brochure promoting travelling with the Graf Zeppelin

This page last updated February 6, 2016.